Sunday, March 24, 2013

Change of Plans

   There has been a change of plans. I'm so freaking scared excited I could throw up jump for joy! I've registered to run a half in the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Cleveland October 5th!! I really wanted to run it and had heard how awesome the Rock 'n' Roll series was (not to mention the bling!) but had convinced myself I couldn't. No way could I ever run 13.1 miles. Justin, of course, said I was being crazy and pointed out how many months I had to train and how many things a person could do in that amount of time. Which, at that point, it was still far enough out that I could have had a 3rd child. When it was put in those terms, it did seem a little more doable.

    The deciding factor came when I asked a group of amazingly supportive and inspiring women that I know through Facebook how many had done, or were, doing the Rock 'n' Roll marathon this year and one of them said they would run Cleveland with me. That was just what I needed! My husband is 100% supportive but doesn't understand why anyone would want to just run. To know that I will have someone there who just gets it and is counting on me to be there is really what I needed to motivate me. Naturally, shortly after I registered, I had a dream that I was getting ready for the race and I had forgotten my ear buds, arm band, and that my phone was about to die!

     I'm still going to finish my 10k training. Most half training plans want you to be able to run at least 3 miles to start but I think I'd be more comfortable with 6. I've also registered for another mud run in June and a color run later in the summer so it's going to be a fun summer!
   

2 comments:

A_Ames0714 said...

What color run are you doing?

Unknown said...

I'm doing Run or Dye in Cleveland. I think. The girls that were going to do it with me didn't get the groupon so I think I'm on my own. I might see if I can sell my groupon and just do Color Me Rad if they ever open registration. Are you doing any?

Post a Comment