Monday, January 7, 2013

Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only One

So, I'm sitting on the couch, reading with A today. I get up to change G' s diaper and as I'm carrying him to his room my pants fall down. Like,around my ankles fall down.  Sadly, this is not the first time and even sadder is that they fall down in public too. Not as badly because I catch them but, it still happens. I can't wear a belt because then they are pulled and bunched and it looks like I'm wearing some kind of pleated, dress jean. Oh, and these aren't the only pair that do it. It's actually all of my jeans except the one pair that is now too snug thanks to too many holiday goodies.

I'm not really sure what my issue is with getting new jeans. Maybe it's the disgusting dressing room neon lights. Or the shame I feel when the size I think might fit is too small. Hubs tells me all the time to go because he's tired of looking at my saggy butt. I just can't do it. I do realize that if I got some pants that fit I might actually look better. It doesn't matter.The thought of going into the store, hunting for jeans that might be the right size and then trying them on has me in cold sweats. It always ends badly.

I know when I was skinny I had a lot of jeans but I really can't remember how I got them. I don't think I bought them. My mom was working at Dillard' s then so I have a feeling that's where most of them came from. Apparently, this has always been an issue. So, New resolution...get over the self consciousness and buy at least 1 pair of jeans that don't make me look like I'm wearing a diaper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment